Haywood Printing Company
300 North 5th St.
Lot :: #105 & #106 original city plat
In 1914, the Haywood Publishing Company constructed a new building on the Northwest corner of 5th and Ferry streets. In its early days, this company published the "Lafayette Morning Journal".
In its history, this building has undergone two major changes. First the addition of a two story office building on the north side. And second, a loading dock was added to the rear of the building.
August 9, 1925: George P. Haywood, attorney, publisher, postmaster, died at 72.